Symptoms of P0011 OBD II Trouble Code
- Most likely a P0011 DTC will result in one of the following: hard starting, poor idle, and/or stalling. There are potentially other symptoms as well. Of course, when trouble codes are set, the MIL (malfunction indicator lamp, a.k.a. the check engine light) illuminates.
Common Causes of P0011 OBD II Trouble Code
- Incorrect camshaft timing
- Wiring problems (harness/wiring) in intake timing control valve control
- Continuous oil flow to VCT piston chamber
- Failed timing valve control solenoid (stuck open)