Symptoms of P0087 OBD II Trouble Code
- Check engine light illuminated, there may be more than one code present such as an oxygen sensor lean or rich code.
- Vehicle may have a misfire due to a lean fuel condition, run rough, or lack power on acceleration. This may be more evident at higher RPM's when more fuel is required. An oxygen sensor too lean code may also be present.
- A bad sensor may cause the PCM/ECM to command extra fuel leading to a rich fuel condition which will cause poor fuel economy. An oxygen sensor too rich code may be present.
Common Causes of P0087 OBD II Trouble Code
- Weak fuel pump, clogged filter or screen, restricted fuel supply line
- Faulty fuel pump driver module
- Faulty fuel pressure sensor