Symptoms of P0180 OBD II Trouble Code
- There will likely be no symptoms from the conditions for a P0180 being stored
- Other fuel composition codes may be present
- MIL illumination will eventually occur
Common Causes of P0180 OBD II Trouble Code
- Defective fuel temperature/consumption sensor "A"
- A bad ambient temperature sensor
- Faulty intake air temperature sensor
- Open, shorted, or damaged wiring or connectors
- PCM or a PCM programing error
Severity of P0180 OBD II Trouble Code
Fuel temperature is monitored by the PCM to calculate fuel delivery strategy in flex fuel vehicles so a code P0180 should be treated as severe.