Symptoms of P047E OBD II Trouble Code
- Check Engine Light illuminated
- Lack of power
- Unable to perform manual regeneration ? burn off the soot out of the particulate filter. Looks like a catalytic converter but has temp sensors and pressure sensor probes inserted into it.
- If unable to perform regeneration, eventually may become a crank-no start.
Common Causes of P047E OBD II Trouble Code
- Blockage in the tube from the exhaust manifold to the pressure sensor
- Exhaust Gas Recirculation system / Air Inlet / Charge Air leaks
- Intermittent open in the ground circuit to the exhaust pressure sensor
- Intermittent open in the signal circuit between the exhaust pressure sensor and the PCM
- Intermittent short to voltage in the signal circuit to the exhaust pressure sensor Exhaust Gas Pressure Sensor
- Possibly a powertrain control module (PCM) has failed (highly unlikely)