Symptoms of P2198 OBD II Trouble Code
- Oxygen (O2) or A/F ratio sensor or sensor heater malfunction
- Open or short in O2 sensor circuit (wiring, harness)
- Fuel pressure or fuel injector problem
- Faulty PCM
- Intake air or engine vacuum leaks
- Faulty fuel injector(s)
- Fuel pressure too high or too low
- PCV system leak/fault
- A/F sensor relay faulty
- MAF sensor malfunction
- ECT sensor malfunction
- Air intake restriction
- Fuel pressure too high
- Fuel pressure sensor malfunction
- Fuel pressure regulator malfunction
- Note on some vehicles that have been modified this code may be caused by the modifications (e.g. aftermarket exhaust, headers, etc.).
Common Causes of P2198 OBD II Trouble Code
- 2007 Ford F-150 5.4 codes P0018, P0022, and P2198I have a 2007 Ford F-150 with the 5.4 v8 and having issues with the codes or more the solutions to the codes. The truck has 118,00 miles and recently started to idol rough and has no power, when I accelerate it lags and spits and sputters. Have scanned it 4 times in 2 days and get different codes ea...
- DTC P2198New to this forum: Question on a Ford DTC #P2198
06 Mustang GT, 18000 miles, auto.
Using SCT Excalibrator 2. Unknown code. Engine runs fine, no obvious symtoms.
Dealer does not know what the code is????
- 05 F-150 unusual codes P0300 P0171 P0174 P2196 P2198My friend asked me to pull the codes on his '05 F-150 because it wasn't pulling like he thought it should. Here's the codes I got: P0300, P0171, P0174, P2196, and P2198. The first three I am familiar with and determined he messed up his MAF sensor when he installed a cold air kit on his truck two da...
- 2003 lincon LS codes P2196 P2198 P0102 P0113 P0355 P2106Hello I need help with finding out what the obd2 codes for my 2003 lincon LS v8 please helpppp
[code] P2196 , P2198 , P0102 , P0113 , P0355 , P2106...
- 2003 ranger 4.0 p0046 p0068 p2196 p2198I am dealing with a 2003 ranger. It had a coolant leak. I replaced the thermostat housing/water outlet. Filled system. Started and allowed to warm up for 20-25 minutes. Idled perfectly. Temp came up to proper level. No leaks. Shut off. Next day started it to take it somewhere. As soon as I stepped o...
- 2005 Ford F150 XLT 5.4 Triton P2198 & misfire codesMy 2005 Ford F150 XLT threw the following codes last night after a severely rough idle and shut down. P0022 Intake Camposition Timing - Over Retarded Bank 2, P0300 Random misfire Detected, P0305, P0307, P0308 are all Cylinder misfires detected, P2198 O2 Sensor Signal Stuck Rich Bank 2 Sensor 1.
- 2006 Ford Expedition showing codes p0011,p0022,p0355,and p2198Running OK then these codes showed up. Replaced camshaft sensor on driver's side , didn't help. Coils and plugs replaced a few months ago , been running fine . Any suggestions ?...